One of the most important services Cropsol offers is their range of soil testing investigations, There are many different types of soil tests available, and it is important to match up the specific requirements with the appropriate soil analysis and remote sensing.
Our clients carry out soil tests for many reasons, including:
- Pre-purchase farm inspection and reporting, too ascertain a farms suitability for a certain crop and/or variety.
- Identify poor performance areas, and determine strategies for improvement, including salinity problems.
- Calculate Readily Available Waterholding (RAW) capacities and map irrigation management units. These assist with planting layouts and irrigation design.
- Penetrometer testing to assess areas of soil compaction.
- Infiltration testing to assist in pivot and lateral irrigator design.